William C. "Chris" Gibson
Chris has been a litigator in the Seattle area since 1997 practicing in the areas of personal injury, product liability, construction defect, general liability, insurance coverage, and insurer "bad faith"/extra-contractual liability litigation. He has successfully tried product liability, personal injury, breach of contract and insurer "bad faith" cases to verdict in state courts and federal court.
Chris has handled and successfully resolved several Oregon construction defect and leased premises/property damage cases. Chris also practiced for six and a half years in California handling simple to very complex litigation matters.
Practice Emphasis & Experience
- Representation of insurers in coverage and extra-contractual liability matters.
- Representation of subcontractors in construction defect litigation.
- Representation of owners in construction site accident cases.
- Representation of businesses and individuals in defamation, business tort and other personal injury/tort matters.
- Representation of trucking companies/drivers in serious trucking accident pre-litigation matters
and litigated cases.
- Representation of product manufacturers, product installers, and retailers in asbestos/mesothelioma litigation.
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Washington State Bar Association
- California State Bar
- King County Bar Association
- Northwest Insurance Coverage Association
Articles & Presentations
- Co-Presenter: Moderator – “Neuropsychological Evaluations and Brain Injury Components,” with Elizabeth Ziegler, Ph.D., Washington Defense Trial Lawyers (WDTL) Annual Tort Law Update, December 6, 2013
- Co-Presenter: “Ethics – The Tripartite Relationship and Duties of Defense Counsel/Conflict Issues for Attorneys,” with Jacquelyn Beatty, Washington Defense Trial Lawyers (WDTL) Annual Insurance Law Update, April 6, 2012
- Co-Presenter: “Duty to Settle,” WDTL Annual Insurance Law Seminar, April 1, 2011
- Presenter: “Responsibility to a ‘Phantom AI’,” 2010 Insurance Law Coverage Update, Forsberg & Umlauf seminar, November 4, 2010
- Presenter/Moderator: “Defending the Annoying Tactics from the Other Side,” WDTL Annual Insurance Law Update, April 8, 2009