Thomas A. Heinrich
Tom’s civil litigation practice started in 1990 and over the years he has successfully represented numerous companies and individuals in a broad range of disputes including construction defect, premises liability, personal injury defense, product liability, earth movement/landslide cases, timber trespass, liquor liability, and defamation.
Tom is licensed in both Washington and Oregon and along with the above litigation experience, his practice also includes advising carriers in insurance coverage matters. He has tried more than a dozen cases to verdict in counties throughout Washington and Oregon and has briefed and/or argued appeals at the Washington Court of Appeals, the Washington Supreme Court, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Practice Emphasis & Experience
- Represented the Washington State Department of Transportation in multiple wrongful death lawsuits
- Represented developers, general contractors, and subcontractors in construction defect matters and construction site injury cases
- Represented manufacturers of various products including portable stoves, parachutes, and crane components in product liability cases
- Represented businesses, including shopping centers, in slip and fall and other premises liability matters
- Represented bars and taverns in serious injury cases alleging over-service of alcohol
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers