Sally A. Clements
Sally’s practice focuses on the representation of domestic and international insurers and reinsurers in litigated and non-litigated matters under a variety of policies, including Commercial General Liability and Directors and Officers Liability. She draws on her M.B.A. and corporate background to provide sophisticated advice to the Firm’s clients in the resolution of complex coverage disputes.
Sally has extensive experience in modeling loss allocations and preparing exposure analysis and projections of indemnity and defense costs.
Practice Emphasis & Experience
- Represented U.S. and European insurers in the resolution of litigated and non-litigated claims involving D&O policies, Bankers Professional Liability policies, Product Recall policies, Employment Benefits Liability coverage, underground storage tank policies and CGL policies for asbestos and environmental contamination claims.
- Obtained summary judgment in federal court for insurer in contribution action against tenant’s insurer under GL policy interpreting “ownership, maintenance or use” wording of additional insured endorsement.
- Negotiated favorable settlements for insurers in multi-party New Jersey asbestos coverage suits under Carter Wallace, all sums and pro-rata methodologies.
- Negotiated multi party settlement of New York additional insured contribution action for building fire injuries.
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Washington State Bar Association
- Greater Seattle Insurance Professionals (Vice President, 2020-2021)