Miles J.M. Stewart
Miles is an associate attorney at Forsberg & Umlauf. His practice focuses on insurance coverage, including coverage analysis and advice as well as defending insurers in litigated cases.
Miles’s experience ranges from advising primary carriers in first-party property cases to representing high excess carriers in third-party liability matters involving multiple layers and millions of dollars in coverage. He also has significant experience defending insurers in alleged extra-contractual “bad faith” suits.
Practice Emphasis & Experience
- Obtained summary dismissal of foreign insurance client in the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington, based upon the application of the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act.
- Represented high excess insurer as coverage counsel in connection with multiple complex claims arising from the SR-99 Viaduct Replacement Project in Seattle, Washington, including claims related to the “Bertha” tunnel boring machine.
- Achieved favorable settlements in numerous first-party and third-party litigated and non-litigated matters.
- Representation of insurers in bad faith / extra-contractual suits, at State and Federal level.
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Washington State Bar Association
- Washington Attorney Pro Bono Program