Kristin E. Bateman
Kristin is an associate who joined the firm in July 2020. She recently clerked with Hon. Bradley A. Maxa at the Washington State Court of Appeals, Division Two.
Kristin is a third-generation Washington lawyer with a background in music performance and arts advocacy.
Practice Emphasis & Experience
- Presidential Law Scholarship
- Appeal asbestos wrongful death damages award
- Appeal denial of home owner's insurance coverage
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Washington State Bar Association, 2019 - present
- National Flute Association, Legal Advisor, 2020 - present
- Seattle Metropolitan Chamber Orchestra, Board of Directors, 2019 - present
Articles & Presentations
- Author: “Distinctive Sounds”: A Critique of the Transformative Fair Use Test in Practice and the Need for a New Music Fair Use Exception, Seattle University Law Review – Volume 41, Issue 4, Spring 2018