Kimberly A. Reppart
After receiving her JD in 2000, Kim worked as bailiff and law clerk to the Honorable Judge Sharon Armstrong of King County Superior Court, assisting in numerous civil and criminal trials and hearings.
Kim began her broad civil litigation defense practice in 2001, focusing on insurance coverage and bad faith, serious injury and wrongful death, UIM, construction defect, contract disputes, premises liability, property disputes, logging and timber trespass for both insurance companies and corporate clients. Kim also devotes a sizable portion of her practice to appellate work and complex motion practice.
Practice Emphasis & Experience
- 1993 Washington State Lincoln Douglas Debate Champion and Top Speaker
- Semi-finalist Faulkner Appellate Advocacy Competition
- Vasquez v. Am. Fire & Cas. Co., 174 Wn. App. 132, 298 P.3d 94, review denied, 178 Wn.2d 1006, 308 P.3d 641 (2013), a published opinion allowing insurers to limit UIM coverage for those who are not Named Insureds under a business auto policy.
- Hurley v. Port Blakely Tree Farms L.P., 182 Wn. App. 753, 332 P.3d 469 (2014) review denied sub nom. Hurley v. Campbell Menasha, LLC, 182 Wn.2d 1008, 344 P.3d 688 (2015), a published opinion determining that clearcutting above residential properties does not constitute an “abnormally dangerous activity” subject to strict liability.
- Goodwin v. Los Lobos LLC (2012), an overuse of force case tried before a jury in King County. Plaintiff claimed six-figures in damages. The jury returned a defense verdict.
- Representation of large, well-known general contractor on a construction defect subrogation case co-tried in Spokane County. After a two week trial the jury returned a multi million dollar verdict in favor of the client.
Professional & Civic Involvement
- American Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers
- WDTL Women’s Commission Member
- Manufactured Housing Community Preservationists, Board of Directors (Secretary)
- Stevens Elementary Parent Teacher Association, Board of Directors (Treasurer)
- Capitol Hill Co-Op Preschool, former Risk Manager and Board of Directors member
- Parent Trust for Washington Children, former Board of Directors member
- Great Starts Birth and Family Education, former Vice President of the Board of Directors