Galina Kletser Jakobson
Galina has specialized in insurance coverage and insurance bad faith litigation for the past fifteen years. Additionally, Galina has represented various businesses in commercial litigation and has advised entities relating to formation issues, sales and purchase agreements, as well as verification of proper formation in support of funding agreements for billions of dollars relating to casino projects.
Galina has represented insurers in complex coverage disputes and coverage litigation, including matters relating to extra-contractual liability. Galina counsels insurers relating to all types of first and third party coverage lines, including general liability, workers compensation, aviation, homeowners, trucking and automobile policies. Additionally, Galina has assisted insurers in the drafting of various policy forms and endorsements. Galina is licensed to practice in Washington, California and Nevada, and has represented insurers in both state and federal courts throughout the Western United States.
Practice Emphasis & Experience
- Recognized as a “Rising Star” in 2012 by Super Lawyers magazine
- Rated AV-Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- Represented primary insurer of plumber in the largest class action litigation in Nevada history relating to installation of defective plumbing fixtures in over 50,000 homes.
- Defended insurer in bad faith suit relating to covenant judgment arising from a $150 Million verdict resulting from a catastrophic trucking accident.
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
Articles & Presentations
- Presenter: “Hearsay, Email, Business Records and Social Media – in the Trenches!” National Business Institute Seminar, June 22, 2018
- Presenter: “Summary of 2015 Insurance Coverage Cases” Northwest Insurance Coverage Association Seminar, June 23, 2016
- Presenter: “Law of Easements: Legal Issues and Practical Considerations” Seminar January 23, 2003, January 21, 2004