Alexandra E. Ormsby
A born and raised Seattleite, Alex graduated from the University of Washington and Seattle University School of Law before starting her legal career at Forsberg & Umlauf, P.S. Alex’s practice focuses on personal injury defense litigation.
As an associate at Forsberg & Umlauf, P.S., Alex’s personal injury litigation practice includes investigating and defending motor vehicle accidents and retailers in premises liability cases. Her practice is seeing an increase in Mandatory Arbitration cases due to the new arbitration limits of $100,000 in Washington State. While in law school, Alex clerked for the Honorable Richard F. McDermott (ret.) at King County Superior Court and was a Rule 9 Prosecutor with the City of Bothell where she assisted in all stages of misdemeanor and gross misdemeanor cases.
Practice Emphasis & Experience
- Obtained defense award in Mandatory Arbitration premises slip fall case defending retailer.
- Defended trucking company in a truck versus motorcycle disputed liability case. Jury returned a favorable verdict that did not exceed defendant’s pre-trial offer of judgment and the jury found plaintiff 65% at fault.
- Investigate and defend insurers and self-insured clients in cases involving catastrophic injuries from commercial vehicles.
- Defense of retail premises owners in personal injury litigation
- Defense of insurers in UIM claim involving PTSD and chronic pain
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Washington State Bar Association
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers
- King County Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division
Articles & Presentations
- In-house presentation for self-insured client re: Washington State Venues, Mandatory Arbitration Rules and Using Video – October 2019
- In-house presentation for insurer client re: Washington Mandatory Arbitration Rules, UIM Coverage and Washington Wrongful Death Statutes – August 2019