Forsberg & Umlauf’s Medical Professionals Group provides vigorous and cost-effective representation in state and federal court actions to health care professionals and health care facilities in a myriad of specialties, including physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners, nurses, nurse aides, respiratory therapists, dentists, oral surgeons, pharmacists, chiropractors, naturopaths and mental health providers.
We also represent health care professionals in state disciplinary matters. Our litigation practice encompasses all areas of medical malpractice defense including the defense of allegations of:
- Medical negligence
- Wrongful death
- Lack of informed consent
- Prescription or medication error
- Hospital and corporate negligence (e.g., negligent training, hiring, credentialing)
- HIPAA violations
- We obtained a defense verdict for two psychiatrists in a matter claiming Tardive’s Dyskinesia Movement Disorder allegedly resulting from medication error.
- We obtained a defense verdict for an anesthesiologist in a multi-party newborn infant case with alleged serious brain injury due to alleged mis-intubation during resuscitation.
- We obtained a defense verdict for a urologist in a case alleging complications in genital repair surgery.
- We obtained a defense verdict for a family practice physician in a case alleging failure to diagnose colo-rectal cancer.
- We obtained a defense verdict for an OB/GYN and maternal fetal medicine specialist in a matter alleging “wrongful life” from misinterpretation of gestational genetic testing.
- We obtained a defense verdict for a chiropractor in a matter alleging spinal adjustment resulted in multiple-level disc herniations.
- We represented a psychiatrist in a Medical Quality Assurance Commission hearing alleging inappropriate verbal contact with a minor and his mother, with all charges dismissed.