Insurance Coverage Analysis & Litigation
Forsberg & Umlauf represents and advises primary insurers, excess insurers, self-insureds, risk cooperatives, and other entities on the full spectrum of insurance coverage issues.
We provide analysis, advice, and litigation services on matters arising from every type and every line of insurance.
Our work includes the evaluation and litigation of issues, including:
- Coverage Analysis and Opinions
- Defense of alleged Insurance Bad Faith and IFCA claims
- Preparation of effective Reservations of Rights language
- Duty of Defense and Indemnity Issues
- Additional Insured Questions
- Excess / Primary Insurer Relations
- Good Faith Claims Handling
- Exhaustion of Limits Considerations
- Construction Defect Coverage Disputes
- Multiple Occurrence and Trigger Evaluations
- Multiple Claimant / Insufficient Limits Situations
Our attorneys are skilled in providing not only technically correct advice, but also useful approaches designed to assist claims professionals to bring resolution to complex coverage issues. We bring clarity to insurance coverage questions.
Our attorneys have represented national and international insurers in a wide range of coverage areas, including healthcare provider liability, liquor liability, automobile, homeowners, and general liability.
We represented an insurer in a coverage and bad faith claim by an insured seeking coverage for damages related to a serious injury/fatality auto accident, on which we received summary judgment based upon restrictive language in the insuring clause.
Forsberg & Umlauf attorneys represented an insurer in a lawsuit regarding potential coverage for a wrongful death claim; we obtained summary judgment dismissal based on policy exclusion for liability arising out of injury caused by intentional acts of the policyholder.
We successfully defended, at the trial court and on appeal, an insurance carrier facing a claim that its insured was “operating” a vehicle by encouraging the driver to race another vehicle.